Payment gateway integration- easy 5 minutes setups
The online payment gateway integration is in charge of encrypting your customers’
credit card or debit card information
and securely transmitting it to the payment processor. Your online platform will need payment gateway
integrations and a payment processor if you want to accept credit and debit card payments online.
The initial process of the payment gateway integrations:
You must work with a payment processor if you want to accept credit and debit card payments from your
customers online through PC or over the phone. Now, through this article, we will help you as the
customer to get the best way to set up online payment gateway integration in 5 minutes. It is easy and it
is smooth and you do not need to put up with an unnecessary hackle.
Nevertheless, through your merchant account provider, you can frequently set up a payment gateway in
collaboration with your preferred credit card processing company. However, the online payment gateway
integration can also be set up with a debit card processing company too. online Payment Gateway
integration is a very way to make payments online which can have some significant advantages in terms
of compatibility and cost-effectiveness.
The Environmentalists are already screaming at the top of their voices saying to go green. So,online
payment gateway integration is a step towards lessening the use of cash and increasing use of online
money transfers. The significance of saving paper and saving trees is applied to this factor too.
The internal procedure of payment gateway integrations:
online Payment gateway integration connect payment processors or a debit card service and merchant
account providers and also allow merchants to accept credit card payments as a service that provides
payment processors. Debit and credit card payments have become very popular due to their smooth
swiping at the store along with their usage of buying anything through online platforms.
These two payment services enable merchants to accept credit card and debit card payments directly
from their mobile devices. It also gives way for allowing iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones to
function as mobile point of sale (POS) payment systems. It is a massive innovation in the world of
payment and the reduction in the usage of cash.
Through the web world, you can easily find an ocean of websites and through your phone, you can come
across millions of apps as a potential payment gateway. Although there are various that are found online,
all of them aren’t always going to be safe for online payment. Be very careful where you put your hands!
In a payment gateway system, you will have to record your important card details. So, there can be some
websites that turn out to be scams. In the case of a debit card, details have to be taken from you directly.
But, in the case of credit cards, the details can be easily leaked through scammers. Thus, they can
withdraw money without your consent.
However, you must choose a secure payment gateway that won’t use your card or bank account details to
scam you. There are certain verified and authentic websites available, go for them. Always cross-check
the websites through online reviews available about it. So, make sure to go through the online sites
before entering your card details.
Regarding online payment, the mode of your research before choosing a particular payment gateway.
You can do that by either asking relatives or friends which payment gateway has worked well for them.
You could also ask your CA or a person who understands finances. After researching well on the topic of
the safe and sustainable, payment gateway option for you, start using the website or app.
You need to get down with the process one by one. After you have decided on a payment gateway, you
will need to choose a bank account to use for online payments. If you have multiple bank accounts then
go for one which has an international debit card or credit payment system. For example, VISA cards and
MasterCard are the international ones that are preferable and go on better with payment gateways.
When you plan to set up the payment gateway, keep the debit or credit card associated with that account
handy. Keep the phone number associated with that account handy as well, if it is not the same phone
you intend to use for the payment gateway.
Before you begin the process of configuring the payment gateway integrations
on your phone, always ensure that the
operating system on your Android is virus-free. You can download an antivirus from Google Play. Even
when you are working on your PC, make sure you buy an authentic antivirus to protect your web system.
If your phone is getting hacked right now, your sensitive information may become visible to the hacker.
Sometimes scammers take the card details to hack into your system or phone and get all the crucial
information. In that case, you can always notify your bank account. It is still preferable to be aware of any
such occurrences on your phone. Let’s get started with the payment gateway.
There are two types of versions available for the payment gateway in any authentic and reputed platform.
You can either download the mobile version of the payment gateway, or the web version. For launching
the mobile version on your phone all you need to do is.
- Go to the Google play store or wherever the app that you want exists.
- If the app is recommended to you through the site then it becomes easy.
- However, if you know the correct name of the app then search for the app on the search bar.
- When you find your app, launch it and install it on your phone, and give it all the permissions you need to work over certain apps.
- Of course, the presence of antivirus will help scan the application before you start using it in your system.
- When you plan on using the web version for your payment gateway, the same procedure has to be followed for the desktop version.
- Go to the official site of the payment gateway by searching the name from the search engine.
- Click on the login or sign up, and do all the formalities that need to be done.
- Then the rest of the steps are the same as the app version on the phone.
- Following the launch of your payment gateway app or web version, you should begin the process of creating an account.
- You can create an account by providing your email address, name, and phone number.
- Of course, you need to make sure you put on the correct details and save them accordingly.
- It is often preferable to use the same email address and phone number that you have access to on the phone. This will help you to access any information sent to you through emails and text messages.
- Sometimes, they even prefer whatsapp numbers for sending you messages on promotion and marketing. Although that is optional, it does help you to get acquainted with the recent notifications.
- This way, you can get to the otp quickly. After entering your information, you will be prompted to enter the OTP you received.
Make sure to note all this information down somewhere, for future reference. This information could help
you in the future. You can save the information on your phone or your personal computer.
Now that you have a payment gateway account, you can use the app or web version, whichever you find handy. Now, it’s time to connect your credit or debit card to the payment gateway.
- Firstly, make sure you put the correct card number, expiry date, and CVV number. Any nominal mistake and you might get confused as to why the payment gateway is not taking the credit or debit card details.
- Sometimes, the online platform saves the details but, later on, you might fail to make any payment when you try to add a CVV number and place the required OTP from your verified phone number.
- You will need to keep your debit card and chequebook close at hand. They may request your account number, ifsc code, and name.
- Save the card details for future payments. If the online platform is authentic then, they will hide your card number, and every time you try to pay, all you have to do is add the CVV number and add the OTP, which is sent to your verified phone number.
- Of course, if you activate the auto-mandate, then you might not need to make the payments every month, rather they will automatically deduct the amount and let you know the details.
- Make sure you are not in a public place when entering such information. Using a cyber cafe while entering the details or somebody else’s phone number to enter the details will not be worth enough.
- Being in a public place may jeopardize such details. You might put your card details at risk. Always use your personal computer and phone to get all of these procedures done.
- Every time you will carry on with any form of payment you will be prompted to enter an otp after you enter your information and put on the CVV number which you will receive on your phone.
- Now the phone number should be associated with the account you entered.
- After entering your OTP on your payment gateway wall, you will be able to make any form of payment with your card.
UPI pin is a number code that you must enter before making any payment through a payment gateway. It’s a great way to protect your payments and ensure that they are being transferred safely.
- The UPI id option is available in most payment gateway apps and web versions.
- You must first select the account for which you want to create the UPI id.
- Enter your bank account information. Then, create the UPI id.
- You will receive a confirmation from the payment gateway side letting you know that your UPI id is set. Then you will be suggested to create a PIN for the transactions.
- Make the PIN something that you are confident that you will remember at every future transaction.
- Entering an incorrect UPI id PIN can result in closing your payment gateway temporarily.
UPI is an abbreviation for Unified Payment Interface. Nevertheless, UPI can be used not just on one payment gateway, but on all payment gateways for a specific bank account.
You need to set up KYC, to secure your payment gateway with your online platform. It can help you ensure the security of your money even more. Moreover, setting up KYC also allows you to make larger transactions because the banks now have complete information about you.
- You can activate KYC by going to the KYC section of your payment gateway app or web version.
- They will then ask you to enter your Aadhaar details. You will get the notification of being verified.
- Then, verify any additional details that need to be verified, such as PAN card and birth details.
- Typically, online KYC only includes this, but they may also require your biometrics.
- As a result, you may need to schedule an appointment with a KYC staff member to ensure KYC.
After that, your online payment gateway will be successfully installed. Now the online platform will have more faith in you than it did when you only had a payment gateway account.
Engaging in illegal activities such as money laundering is a criminal activity. KYC is used to keep track of who is using payment gateways to ensure that they are not acting illegally.
To read more about Payment gateway click here